Monday, April 24, 2017

[Meritz Asset Management jonri representatives] "did not change my long-term investment philosophy"



[Korea Seo Hye Rin nine financial newspaper reporters - Falcon warriors who created the Fund 'Meritz Korea Fund. "Long-term investments" evangelist. If Meritz Asset Management representatives 'jonri' The modifiers that can easily recall. He was further led three years Meritz Asset Management's success in the second term last month after the shareholders' meeting.

With this evaluation went intersect in the industry. After he was in charge of the representative it is reduced, but also because it was flat could be established operational philosophy is firmly established in Meritz Asset Management, recently due to a significant reduction in the rate of return Meritz Korea fund AUM.

Last year, Meritz Asset Management recorded net income performance was 2.9 billion won. 6.6 billion won in 2015 net profit, the reduced figure prominently when compared to the 7.2 billion won in 2014. Cause of performance degradation is due to a decrease in AUM Meritz Korea Fund. This is the same time the management report after the announcement, the SEC often incorporated the fact Meritz Korea funds publish this history attracted the attention of investors. When the SEC's run growth can go, because he was sticking to the belief 'it should only invest in stocks for long term investment. " US sought what had happened Meritz Asset Management office in Samcheong-tip to listen to his soknae.

▲ I was recently incorporated into the Samsung Electronics in Korea Meritz Fund.

- after Samsung Electronics has incorporated fingering a frantic round I changed the investment philosophy in Korean, I do not ever say never a Samsung live.

I preferred neither Samsung Electronics shares. It is preferred that the Korea'll get better overall as corporate governance, then I preferred shares and no ordinary shares and why the gap is large. Bout is more preferred. Dividends lethality more. FIG ssajyo value. So we're thinking it would fund managers buy and mountains.

In fact, it is buying a Samsung ansago She's not at all important. But because Samsung changed the philosophy of thinking I'm too surprised (laughs). Protests also came a lot. "You can not change ... I thought 'this. I did not change. The real change that you're sure you can see it anbyeon turnover. We doegeodeun turnover is not even 15%. If you change to a turnover rate 100%, 200%, it did change (the investment philosophy).

▲ I was the last asset management industry profits ever recorded maximum value of about 700 billion won, Meritz fell.

- Our goal is I'm clear. But also to make money, and the Fund haenotgo lineup, I gotta Meritz certainly established itself as a reliable, long-term investments such images, retirement preparation. And Meritz are not interested in short-term yields rise, fall, and our advantage is that the CEO is gonna be a long time, not just to go and eat and sell me goodbye fund investors. The next five years, gotta keep more than 10 years, I do not take dementia. So our kids, by the time you dwaeseo now ten-year-old graduated from the University of the kids 'and I, jonri man believed to join the fund assets of 10 billion, a billion' UD For this story. That things are possible. It's something like the Million Dollar Mind. It's good 'cause that rich, why teach from it.

I loved holding the ▲ There is talk again dwaetdaneun terms.

- I do not have tenure. If financial institutions do not have tenure. Something's wrong with that term. Holding one day I did if I did not want getting out. Even tomorrow I can get it. That's going to fit. I'll be until I die. A lot I'd like to. If this helps you and I care retirement preparation. I want to inform a lot of people do not know the financial banking.

This may not return for a year like that will not have any meaning. It did better in big shop. What happens after 10 years. How do we prepare for old age kids. I'm ready for the most important retirement. The age reminiscing eat more money important. There you go. If this is now twenty lunch're my friend! Buy me some lunch, 'I know you can do this. But what about the old stepping do. Masked never flustered hospital. So it did not win the one who started early. I'll write ten thousand won wooseupjiman Now I can be difficult when you spend ten thousand won would have been 60. So, now, would it save ten thousand won. It's the money to make money. So would you risk investing in such stocks.

▲ investment philosophy as educational view also seems to be firm.

Most people I met in Korea had chosen a path that is poor. I have not studied capitalism since I was a kid. Who would not teach the investment. But hopefully Education Center studying all the wrong I would be released. Studying the rich haves are calling do not have a well is no relationship. I'm studying for a well educated and asked South Korea. That's what I'm curious too. Look, I have done well to study the people around the rich? Seoul National University, who'd almost never came. But I have a job poorly. SNU go out and large enterprises, executives and guess? But the fact is Shijo know. Whether the person is living in a certain lifestyle. I am very many chicken house operations.

So you do not have doubts about it? South Korea is the most nopahyo in the world. The poverty rate. 65 years or 70% of it's poor. Why would no doubt about it. I'm not going too understand that you do not know 'what's wrong guess. " Especially because I came from the outside.

▲ dropped out of Yonsei University Department of Economics and woke suddenly left the United States.

- gonna have expressed gun suddenly went too cool (laughs). Then I was young, I did not want something like that. My life is so predictable it possible. Beginning about going to take 30 years at the back of the desk. So I do not want to abandon my life, so it was nice to know I want to do. 'Cause I'm gone, not knowing what to listen solidarity economics went solidarity economics. "There you enter blooms ol 'so I went in. But almost all hadeorago rattling their predecessors. It's not the life I want. If you're here for a day, even more eopget I can not escape. Finish was a sister to the United States because it had an easy decision.

▲ Did not regret it.

- Now that's a good thing I'm most dropped out of solidarity. At that time I did regret it. Our sister gives them no help. What I do no not ever. Taxi drivers also, and working in Korea, dining room, working at a gas station. Gas station museounji know how? The intensity increases go to the gas station. So do not let your money over $ 20. 20 fire gotta always be. When the strength it gives $ 20. A life value. Then the strength of so many dead every day. In particular, Korea people. The Koreans. Now it jyeotji very good. There was a grocery store I worked, guest's 99.9% black. So I really was scared. Even when riding the subway. So I'll have no regrets? Why did I gwandwot school (laughs). Then I jyeotji very low. OO I know back to life.

▲ Why Are All investment philosophy geared to the old year. Byeonhaetna a lot of thought in the United States.

- Because the poor miserable in their 20s when the US. The first salary was 21,500 lights. Easy money, 23 million won in Korea. But this was ten million won monthly rent. My sister plotting American people. I do not understand why the limbs that should help meoljjeonghande. No arms or no legs then not help of course. Inde 30 years ago from now, the rent is now ttokgatahyo yirang Korea young people. But to me the difference between young people of Korea yirang then we'll unconditionally, release 10% of the government. So, you get ready for retirement now. Maximum of 10%, also give tax benefits. So it's 2,500,000 won. It will put 2.5 million won per year. But it's the last 30 years. The United States, which will force the old year. "If you do not retirement ready to fly in trouble ', so its going to break, even though underpaid unconditional 10%. Did that 100% of the stock from the 20s and 30s.

▲ 40 units, 50 not from one person should I do to prepare for retirement now.

- went the way poor so far, doejyo change the way that rich. Joe is talking about private education to change the stock. Then I'm in the car on the Palazzo. I'm living the wrong life far, far until I'm ready to live a life that is not outdated. From now on retirement life preparing to be salahyaji. After 55 years more late, ought to give up when the 60-year-old. This country elderly suicide rate're the best in the world. The reason for suicide Yes No in the retirement preparation. And kids come around.- look bad.

▲ I buy individual stocks dominatrix, dominatrix you to join funds.

- who this (pointing to the Fund) is annoying people. Do not know how to see the stock, 'Please take care of you, those people are gonna to. We do have lots of experience. So how do the stock, the stock is not just buying and selling, we're gonna collect. Rain or shine. With 10% self-pay. So I invested in a company that employees'll work hard. Preparing for my retirement. In the short term, stocks are in danger. But I went down to the 30 years went up now if you think you found a great Bout. South Korea iteunikka gotta extremely undervalued. Now dating thing (stock price) I think me no matter what.

Lotta also those who fear the ▲ equity investments.

- It's a fundamental lack of understanding of the shares. I'll need to keep studying placing of shares. Company puts a strong company is talking's belief that the company would be a much bigger company after 20 years, 30 years. As Samsung has small but bigger before. Such as the automotive industry difficult thing'd come. And now would you like to invest the Tesla. Tesla has finally won the GM. By market capitalization. Would you like that to invest. Amazon, Apple ... Korea's gotta come out even those companies. Now look small, but the competitive company. When choosing the first UD good pick. Samsung still got a lot that can be Naver shares.

< Education >

- Yeouido High School

- dropout Economics, Yonsei University

- Bachelor of Accounting, New York University (1985)

< career >

- KPMG Accountants

- The US hibiscus Stephens end Clarke portfolio

Managers (1991)

- Deutsche Investment Management Managing Director

- rajadeu Asset Management Managing Director (2006)

- Meritz Asset Management CEO (2014-present)



Daily Economic News Finance FNTIMES - commercial reprint, copy, distribute prohibited purposes under the Copyright Act
Copyright ⓒ Korea's Financial News & FNTIMES.com